As the Internet world moves more and more towards interactive websites, talking to your customer has become the key factor. Visitors are looking to gain maximum information as easily as possible and your website must be prepared to address this requirement. This can make a great difference in enhancing user engagement and conversions. Thus, as a web marketer you must focus on customer communication by adding the right interactive elements to your business website.
Top 5 Tips for Interactive Websites
Even today, visitors are extremely reluctant to disclose personal information in order to gain information. The following tips will certainly help you make user-friendly websites that communicate in the best possible way:
1. Have a Clear & Simple Communication Box: Although, it may sound plain and conventional, having a clear ‘Contact Us’ tab/button is a must. Over the years, visitors have got used to seeing this and using any other phrase or heading can create confusion. The ‘Contact Us’ section must have all the details about the company location, contact numbers and email ids of the sales and support staff.
2. Use the Top Right Corner: This is also a part of conventional website design, but a must for every business website. To make sure that your visitors always have access atleast to your phone number and email address, you must put them in the top right corner of every page on the website. People prefer instant access of the contact details and this will provide just that.
3. Avoid Long Forms: As mentioned before, visitors by default do not like to share personal information with websites. Thus, your first task is to make them comfortable so that they share their personal details with you. You can do this by keeping contact forms short and sweet. Take only basic information like name and contact info while avoiding unnecessary questions.
4. Label Correctly: While labeling the form fields, use clear and simple headings. Also, it is better to place the labels directly above the field than besides it. Usability studies show that eyes scan vertically than laterally while studying forms. Also, place the call to action button at the bottom right corner and make it stand out in a bold color.
5. Live Chat: Even today, not many websites successfully use the Live Chat feature. While browsing a website, people have several questions in their mind. They would love to have them answered on-the-fly so that they get a clear idea about the business, features, products and services. Also, place a ‘Call’ button, so that users can directly talk to a representative by clicking on it.
While there are many other ways, these top five tips will certainly help your website communicate with your customers in the most effective way. If you still don’t have them on your website, incorporate them right away and see the difference.